Main content and commitments of Ukraine
Implementation of the national strategies of the information society, development of the overall regulatory framework for the electronic communications and extending of the Ukraine’s participation in the EU research activities in the ICT sphere.
Cluster 4 of the EU-Ukraine Subcommittee on Economic and other Sector Cooperation
Responsible bodies in Ukraine
- Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine;
- Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine;
- Administration of State Service of Special Communications and Information Protection of Ukraine;
- Anti-Monopoly Committee of Ukraine
- facilitation of the access to the markets of the electronic communication services and investments receipt in this sphere;
- implementation of the national strategies of the informational society, improvement of the network security and the wide ICT utilizing by private individuals;
- assistance for the common research projects in the ICT sphere in the framework of the next EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation “Horizon 2020”.
State of adaptation of Ukrainian legislation and cooperation with the EU
- the Law of Ukraine “On the electronic confidential services” was adopted;
- the Law of Ukraine on amendments to the Law of Ukraine “On telecommunications” regarding the strengthening of independence and regulatory ability of the national regulator was adopted;
- the Law of Ukraine “On the electronic commerce” was adopted;
- conditions and methods of the conducting of monitoring of telecommunication service market were developed, approved and registered in the Ministry of Justice;
- the Cabinet of Ministers adopted Resolution on the amendments to the Rules for provision and receipt of the telecommunication services.