Main content and commitments of Ukraine
The introduction of numerous changes in customs sphere is one of the most important aspects of the adaptation of Ukraine’s legislation according to the EU requirements.
Subcommittee on Customs Cooperation
Responsible bodies in Ukraine
The Ministry of Finance of Ukraine
- Simplification of customs procedures and the facilitation of trade;
- The application of modern technologies of customs control, simplified procedures of the transition of goods and the control after the customs clearance;
- The transition of the power to issue a movement certificate EUR.1 from The Ukrainian Chamber of Commerce and Industry to the customs authority of Ukraine;
- The substantial simplification of customs formalities for the enterprises with a high level of trust will lay a groundwork for the recognition of authorized economic operator status (AEO), which is issued by customs authorities of Ukraine, authorities of the EU Member States;
- The facilitation of the movement of goods between Ukraine and the EU;
- The accession of Ukraine to the Convention on a Common Transit procedure.
The state of adaptation of Ukrainian legislation and cooperation with the EU
The implementation of changes to the customs legislation is conducted on the basis of the following EU legislative acts:
- Regulation (EU) No 952/2013 establishing the Union Customs Code;
- Convention concerning the simplification of formalities in trade in goods and the Convention on a Common Transit procedure (for the purpose of further accession);
- Regulation (EC) No 1186/2009 setting up a Community system of reliefs from customs duty (Chapter I and II)
- Regulation (EU) No 608/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council concerning customs enforcement of intellectual property rights and Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) No 1352/2013 establishing the forms provided for in Regulation (EU) No 608/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council concerning customs enforcement of intellectual property rights
The following draft laws are being deliberated in the Ukrainian parliament:
- “On legislative change in Customs code of Ukraine as regards the authorized economic operator and the simplification of customs formalities” (No 4777).
- “On legislative change in Customs code of Ukraine as regards the adjusting of transit procedures in accordance with the Convention concerning the simplification of formalities in trade in goods and the Convention on a Common Transit procedure” (No 5627)
- “On legislative change in Customs code of Ukraine (as regards the Implementation of the
- Association Agreement between Ukraine and the EU)” (No 4615), (aimed at the implementation of Chapters I and II of the Regulation (EC) No 1186/2009;
- “On legislative change in Customs code of Ukraine as regards the protection of intellectual property rights upon the transition of goods through the customs border of Ukraine” (No 4614), aiming the implementation of the Regulation (EU) No 608/2013.
- The system of “single window” for the realization of different types of governmental control on the basis of an application of digital technologies started to be implemented.
- The Procedure of photo and video fixation of customs and other formalities that must be done by controlling unit was adopted, which obliges customs authorities to conduct such fixation during formal procedures made by customs and other controlling units.
- Legislative changes in the legal acts of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine (the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine from May 25, 2022 No 341), which rendered impossible unreasonable inspections of goods, commercial transports by customs authorities of Ukraine, were made.
- The implementation of the WTO Agreement on Trade Facilitation ratified in 2015 began;
- Ukraine joined the Pan-Euro-Mediterranean (PEM) Convention, which expands the duty-free export of goods originating in Ukraine to the EU.